These are the optimal image sizes you need for 2021. Facebook has been becoming more and more visual in character, as well as increasingly geared for mobile. Use this cheat sheet to ensure your images on right dimensions and appear in top shape around the site.
- Facebook Page Cover Photo
- Facebook Page Profile Picture
- Facebook Photo Post Dimensions
- Facebook Shared Link Images
- Facebook Notes Images
- Facebook Service Icons Image Dimensions
- Facebook Job Post Images
- Facebook Tab Images
- Bonus: Facebook Video Post Size
Facebook Page cover photo
Your cover photo is an important part of your Facebook business page. This is going to be the largest image on your page, so choosing the right size is a must.
Facebook cover photo size: 820 pixels wide x 312 pixels tall on computers and at least 640 pixels wide and 360 pixels tall on smartphones.
- Minimum size is 400x 150 pixels.
- For best quality, use an RGB JPG file less than 100 KB in size.
Facebook Page Profile Picture
The profile image is displayed at the top of your page and will be seen by most visitors.
Facebook profile picture size: 180×180 pixels on your Page on computers while 128×128 pixels on smartphones and 36×36 pixels on photo thumbnails but try uploading a larger size than 170. Try 400 pixels square, which works nicely across all social platforms.
- Take note that Facebook will crop your profile picture to a circular shape.
- Get a better result for your profile picture by using a PNG file. A JPG could get pixelated.
Facebook Photo Post Dimensions
There’s not really specific size or shape for photo post although we suggest an optimal size for post (shared) images at 1200 pixels square for portability across social networks. This will appear with a maximum width of 470 pixels in Facebook feed and will appear on a Facebook page with a maximum width of 504 pixels.
- Recommended upload size is 1200 x 630 pixels. 1080 x 1080 pixels also works.
- You can also do a vertical portrait shape. Use 1200 pixels wide x 1500 pixels tall.
Facebook Shared Link Images
Similar to Photo Post, use images that are at least 1200 x 630 pixels for the best display on high resolution devices. At the minimum, you should use images that are 600 x 315 pixels to display link page posts with larger images. Make sure the size of the image file must not exceed 8MB. The minimum allowed image dimension is 200 x 200 pixels.
- Facebook will automatically scale photos using the minimum dimensions.
- Avoid poor quality by increasing image resolution when scaling.
- Facebook Shared Link Image size of 1200 x 630 pixels also work great on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Keep these guidelines close by when uploading shared link images:
- Square photo has a minimum upload size of 154 x 154 pixels in feed.
- Square photo has a minimum upload size of 116 x 116 pixels on page.
- Rectangular photo has a minimum upload size of 470 x 246 in feed.
- Rectangular photo has a minimum upload size of 484 x 252 on page.
Facebook Notes Images
Your Note’s cover photo is the first thing the followers of your page will see when they are scrolling through News Feed. 1200 pixels wide x 445 pixels tall is the current dimension for the cover photo.
It’s recommended you use an image that’s at least 1200 pixels wide to allow for the best resolution. Smaller photos will be enlarged to fit the space, but that can result in grainy or blurry images.
Facebook Service Icons Image Dimensions
The service icon image will appear as a small square at the right side of title and description.
The Facebook service icon size displays at 138 pixels square on computers, or 276 pixels on retina display.
Any size or shape image you upload from your Page photos will be centered-cropped to square.
Facebook Job Post Images
The Facebook job posting image is exactly the same as a shared link image. 1200 x 628 pixels is ideal.
Facebook Tab Images
This is also as Facebook app icons where they show up on Facebook page at 111 x 74 pixels. They are located in the left sidebar. Facebook will crop your tab image if you upload an image larger than the maximum.
Bonus: Facebook Video Post Size
The recommended video size is 1280 x 720 landscape and 720 x 1280 portrait for organic or non-ads video. Minimum width is 600 pixels for both landscape and portrait.